
I was pretty annoyed that I lost the URL link to this recipe! On top of that, my mom threw the recipe away cause it was left on kitchen counter. ZZZ! Anyhow, I managed to get the ingredients right by referring to one of the photos that I took which showed part of the recipe! ^^V
Anyhow, the original recipe called for blackcurrant cordial but I didn't use it! Note that ingredient and step that are in bold are optional! I guess the cordial is more for flavoring and if you really want a "berry-nice" taste? Or you can do some swirl art like on marble cakes with the cordial..? Entirely up to you! :)
Here's the recipe!
100g of digestive biscuits
300g of strawberries, hulled and quartered
500g of mascarpone
4 tablespoon of icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
100g of white chocolate, roughly chopped
2 tablespoon blackcurrant cordial
1. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits to make fine crumble. You can put in a plastic bag and crush it by rolling over with a rolling pin.
3. Combine the digestive crumble with the butter. Mix well and evenly.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 cups, roughly 1cm thick. (Or up to your desired amount, that's what I did!) Then chill it in the fridge for 10 minutes to let it set. (Or until when you're ready to put the mascarpone mix on it.)
5. Place a handful of strawberries in a bowl, pour the cordial over and set aside.
6. Combine the mascarpone, icing sugar, vanilla extract, the rest of the strawberries and white chocolate. Mix until even and spoon on top of the biscuit bases.
(I didn't mix the strawberries in! I arranged it then pour the mix over but it's up to you! As for the white chocolate, I'll suggest you chop it finely cause my white chocolates were rather chunky and it didn't melt well! So there wasn't any hint of chocolate taste and I rather I didn't put them in!)
6. Decorate as you like! Spoon the strawberries and cordial on top. Then chill in the fridge till ready to serve.
Hope it helps! It's really a simple yet delightful dessert! For cheese haters, this doesn't really have the taste of cheese!
Anyhow, I'm gonna attempt the non-bake tiramisu soon! Also, I'm super excited cause I'm finally going to meet my KO4 girls next week!!! Instead of shopping/chilling in town, we're gonna crash XQ's place and have some dessert making session! Gonna prepare DVDs and magazines!! September is not a bad month... just that I'm way too broke..? Payday please come asap!!!
Going for the Mont Blanc store opening event at Mandarin Gallery later! So tempted to take photos later but it looks weird cause I'm just part of the event team. :( Till then!
XOXO
Cindy

No comments:
Post a Comment