The book makes sense just in its very first chapter:
"Without the awareness that we are supposed to be different, men and women are at odds with each other. We usually become angry or frustrated with the opposite sex because we have forgotten this important truth. We expect the opposite sex to be more like ourselves. We desire them to "want what we want" and "feel the way we feel." We mistakenly assume that if our partners love us they will react and behave in certain ways we react and behave when we love someone. This attitude sets us up to be disappointed again and again and prevents us from taking the necessary time to communicate lovingly about our differences. Men mistakenly expect women to think, communicate, and react the way men do; women mistakenly expect men to feel, communicate, and respond the way women do. We have forgotten that men and women are supposed to be different. As a result our relationships are filled with unnecessary friction and conflict."
True much and the rest of the chapter was really good. Hopefully when I finish this book, I'll become that perfect understanding girlfriend! (but PMS days will still exist...HAHA)
Back from my sourcing trip and goshhhh, it's really like one of those tiring work trip! Although it was energy taxing, it was a fruitful trip! If you are keen to see what I've bought back to SG, you can drop by FERRIS at City Plaza! :) glad to have this opportunity and I hope I can show some good results to my loved ones and tell them I am capable of taking care of myself fully and start to contribute to the family... Then I shall start saving for my bigger and real dream that is to own my very own shop and business. Today, I am very grateful to Heavens for giving me so much in my life. My family, my dearest boyfriend, my friends, my life goal and opportunities from time to time. I hope I can make my loved ones proud and fulfill my self-actualisation. Good luck those who are still finding your life goal, life partner and most importantly, yourself!
xoxo C


No comments:
Post a Comment