I AM

My photo
Singapore
Until I figure out myself.

Monday, June 28, 2010

We're just getting started

Today is Mom's birthday!!
And so, we gave her a treat at Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant. Yummeh and decent vegetarian food and it wasn't as pricey as we thought!
I loved the booth seats patterns!
As well as the lighting! I'm already wondering how nice my room would be with this..


Mom was in a good mood today and tadaaa she took the photo without grumbling! :) I think we look a little alike except the eyes(why don't I have her eyes!!! It's way bigger than mine!!) I think our smiles are pretty similar!


It was quite a feast and every dish tastes good and its not like those yucky mock veg meat! That's what I call decent vegetarian food-fresh and non-artificial! Check out that soup-it's spinach soup.. looks a little yucky cuz it reminds me of algae but it tasted fine!

Men of the house!

Well, we managed to surprise her with the cake! We played nonchalant about the birthday cake and said nuthing about it But when she saw the cake she went like, "Wow wow wow, this is for me?" Then she looked at the waiter and asked if his birthday and sang the song to the waiter. LOL? much plz!

HAHA, I can't imagine my Mom's doing this and as usual, Sis looks like joke. HAHA


Dad doing the cutting and I just noticed the wedding band on his finger. Kinda sweet how simple the ring looks. Just gold, nothing else. That just reminds me of SATC2! Cept that Carrie got a black diamond at the end!
I doubt anybody would think we are siblings. On the side note, there was once my uncle (who we haven't met for a few years) thought I was my brother's girlfriend. Funny much!

Looking at this photo made me realise how much he has aged. The lines that has spreaded out on his face over the years. When I was young, I loved how to carry me home when I'm sleepy. The last time he ever carried me was years back? It was when I conked out on the living room couch and he carried me back to my bed. :)
Talking to my dad is funny and annoying at the same time. 1, he ALWAYS repeats after me for like donkey times. 2, he always sounds very sleepy and dreamy on the line. 3, when he calls home, he would say things like.."Eh? You are at home?" or "Hallo~ Where are you?" Hahaha, sometimes I just wanna tell him, DADDDDDDD YOU ARE CALLING THE HOUSE NUMBER NOT MY MOBILE! And ps. he always hang up after 3 rings and I hate it cause by the time I walk to the phone, he hangs up. -_-
So, I think I got my act-cute genes from my Mom. This is EVIDENCE!
(Audrey/XQ don't say me uh!)

Reached home feeling full, washed up, turned on my lappie and got hooked onto ShopBop!

Haven't been feeling exceptionally good lately but family dinz was really nice.

Nice is a general term, but in this case it means everything to me. Here we are, seated down as adults and talking like grown-ups. Yet, it still reminds me of the past when we visited East Coast Park every Sunday without fail.
Today, everyone cut ourselves some slack and took time out to celebrate Mom's birthday. Perhaps it might be nothing to some of you, but it is very significant for me cuz my daily interaction with them barely lasts more than 10 minutes. The truth is, I rarely talk to my family except my sister.. And that's because she sleeps beside me every night. Thinking about it, though I hate it when she sleeps without changing/washing up but her presence I feel every night is really something. (But argh, she's going on a TW trip for 1 week in a day time!) I guess if I have my own room, I would be a hermit and lose the connection to the entire family. Dad suggested to have dinner together every Sunday but I'm wondering how can I commit if I'm gonna work for Samsung. :/

Was reflecting on my life and found that I'm pretty fortunate to be the youngest. I have the most freedom, space and control of my life. That's also due to the fact that I had to be independent since primary school days.. but that's what made me tough till date. Well, everyone has their love and hate for their life. Let's just try to look at the brighter side and appreciate it.

Tomorrow I'm hitting the wheels - I mean bicycle wheels at East Coast and hope it doesn't rains!!! Need some legs action cause my shorts are getting tighter!?!?!?!?!?! :( :( :(
Oops, forgot to mention I'm having a day off tomorrow!
Time to light out and sleep in!

1 comment:

  1. Hey dee!
    Really sweet to see a blog entry with pictures of your family! Haha.
    So heartwarming. How I wish my parents won't grumble and take decent pictures!!! Lol.

    -Jasmine
    (commenting from office, cbox BLOCKED.)

    ReplyDelete